Goodwill is a leading social services enterprise, and consistently ranks among the nation’s top charities.
Facts about Goodwill of Southern New England:
- Goodwill of Southern New England (formerly Easter Seals Goodwill Industries) has operated since 1969 and is an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
- Approximately 88 cents of every dollar earned supports the mission.
- Goodwill maintains a Platinum Seal of Transparency from GuideStar.
- Donations to Goodwill support our mission of providing funding for our programs and services to individuals with barriers to employment.
- As a nonprofit, Goodwill is governed by a board of directors made up of volunteers from the communities we serve.
- Since 2008, we have served over 10,000 individuals in our programs, and assisted participants with obtaining over 3,000 jobs.
Goodwill Industries International has also issued a response to the rumors, which can be found here.
For more information debunking these rumors, please visit snopes.com, a website which validates and debunks urban legends, Internet rumors, e-mail forwards, and other stories of unknown or questionable origin.