Goodwill is a leading social services enterprise and consistently ranks among the nation’s top charities.
Facts about Goodwill of Southern New England:
- Goodwill of Southern New England (formerly Easter Seals Goodwill Industries) has operated since 1969 and is an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
- Approximately 88 cents of every dollar earned supports the mission.
- Goodwill maintains a Platinum Seal of Transparency from GuideStar.
- Donations to Goodwill support our mission of providing funding for our programs and services to individuals with barriers to employment.
- As a nonprofit, Goodwill is governed by a board of directors made up of volunteers from the communities we serve.
- Since 2008, we have served over 10,000 individuals in our programs, and assisted participants with obtaining over 3,000 jobs.
For more information debunking these rumors, please click here or visit snopes.com, a website that validates and debunks urban legends, Internet rumors, e-mail forwards, and other stories of unknown or questionable origin.