Goodwill of Southern New England’s Rhode Island campus Summer Work Program focuses on students who may not be able to obtain and hold a job independently. It is a four-week, work experience with a stipend; that takes place in the months of June through August. We match each student with a work experience that corresponds to their interests or skills.
- PAID summer work in the community
- Job Coaches
- More independence for those developing positive work behaviors
- Structure and high worker expectations
- Transportation to and from the work location
- An in depth report at the conclusion identifying skills, behaviors, and suggestions for future service provisions
A Successful Candidate…
- Can work at a minimum of 45% productivity
- Is able to work from 8:00am-2:00pm, Monday through Friday
- Can be left for short periods to work independently or with another student
- Will benefit from vocational counseling
- Has a recent vocational evaluation or is willing to complete one at Goodwill Industries of RI
For more information about the Summer Work Program, call us at (401) 861-2080 or contact us here.