Goodwill of Southern New England Rhode Island campus has designed a program whereby our staff performs Vocational Evaluations to determine where a student’s abilities/skills/interests lie. This evaluation is then used to determine career paths as well as the possibility for future programs available at Goodwill such as Work Readiness, Job Development and other training resources. We have successfully collaborated with many local schools in the past to bring this valuable tool to their students with great success.
- The program consists of a 5 or 10 day vocational evaluation program offered to students between the ages of 14 and 21.
- The evaluations take place at our offices in Providence.
- Each school will determine the length of the program they prefer.
- The individual school will contract with Goodwill for a minimum number of students to participate – typically 5 to 10.
- Goodwill can assist the local schools with some transportation needs.
Typical Evaluation Schedule: Students will arrive at the Goodwill Industries of RI offices by 8:30 am each morning. Testing will begin upon arrival and conclude by 12:00pm. Students will leave the Goodwill site by 12:30pm. During the evaluation process students will receive a 15 minute break as well as other accommodations as needed. Students will have time for a lunch, if one is provided by their School Department, between 12:00 and 12:30pm.
Vocational Evaluation Program Costs: Costs vary by school depending on the length of the program selected and number of students participating. We will be happy to work with you to determine the most effective and beneficial program for your students.
Evaluations must be scheduled 8-12 weeks in advance. For more information about Youth Vocational/Site Evaluation Services, call us at (401) 861-2080 or contact us here.